Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 1.... and a recipe :-)

Today is the start of the online program I am doing and a new diet! I have been doing good today so far. I did my exercises this morning and I am already sore! I have some great recipes for some yummy dinners in the works. I found this recipe on another blog I follow (www.skinnytaste.com/) and I loved it so much I thought I would share it will you all. It's delicious!!!!!

Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts 
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 pieces
Calories: 205 Fat: 3.8 g Protein: 32.0 g Carb: 10.6 g Fiber: 2.6 g   

  • 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and juice squeezed out
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) fat free Feta cheese
  • 1/3 cup fat free ricotta
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1/4 cup chopped scallions
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 (1.25 lbs) chicken breast halves
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs (I used 4C)
  • spray oil
  • toothpicks
In a small sauté pan, heat oil. Add onions, garlic and scallions and sauté about 1 minute. Add spinach and parsley, salt and pepper and cook another minute. Remove from heat, add feta and ricotta cheese.

Preheat oven to 350°.

Slice chicken breast halves into 3 thin cutlets. Pound them to make them thinner. This helps when you wrap the cutlets. Season chicken with salt and pepper.

Place just under 1/4 cup of spinach mixture in the center of the chicken. Roll it and secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent filling from coming out. It's ok if it's not perfect. The egg wash and breadcrumbs keep everything in place.


Dip chicken into egg wash, then breadcrumbs.


Spray cookie sheet with oil and place chicken on cookie sheet. Lightly spray chicken with oil and bake about 25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This sounds sooo good! On my list to try . . . maybe tomorrow for dinner!

    ReplyDelete